Tuesday, November 30, 2010

day 75_today's top 10

1. I woke up at 3am and realized my alarm was set for the wrong time (I had an early meeting this morning)... so I actually changed my alarm in the middle of the night and was up and out the door on time! Good catch that helped my day to start out on the right foot (instead of the wrong one).

2. The weather has been gorgeous from the moment I crawled out of bed. Not hot, not cold, and no rain today!

3. I had enough band-aids in my purse to cover my new blisters (1 on each foot). At least my shoes didn't completely devour my feet... and I probably won't walk to work in those next time.

4. I found out TCU, my alma mater, has joined the Big East Conference for football. Go frogs! :)

5. I completed some preliminary work for a larger project and got good feedback! It is always nice to know I am on the right track.

6. I got paid! Yay!!! Christmas shopping here I come...

7. I ventured out and ate at a new restaurant for dinner - Vietnamese place, very near my house, delicious.

8. I found a place that sells Chai Lattes! (Also very near my house. I have been looking for Chai since day 1...)

9. I came up with a potential idea for a homemade holiday wreath for my apartment door.

10. I'm going to bed at a decent hour to catch up on my sleep tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I am a fellow Texan in Taipei who stumbled across your fun blog, and I just have to ask...WHERE did you find chai latte?! I have been looking for it for 2 years! :)
    Enjoyed looking through your blog and reading about some of your experiences in Taiwan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Glad you've enjoyed the blog... AND... I bought the Chai Latte at a small shop named "Louisa, Art of Coffee Roasting," located near Taipei City Hall MRT station, exit 4. The shop is at (just north of) Zhongxiao E Rd, Sec 5, Lane 30, #168, 1F.

    It wasn't quite like home, but next time I will ask for slightly less milk and see if I can taste the flavor more... The menu (in both English & Chinese) lists it as hot, but I asked for mine with ice. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome...thanks!

    I found some once at a little desert shop by ShiDa, but it was...um...terrible. :) Chai in East Asia has become like the Holy Grail for me. Ha!

    ReplyDelete