Tuesday, January 4, 2011

day 100_Merry Christmas!

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~

[How amusing that Christmas would be the 100th day of my venture]
On Christmas Day, the husband and I enjoyed a scrumptious breakfast with his parents, and then hit the road towards my parents' home. All of my family was of course anxiously awaiting my arrival (since I had landed on American soil, but not yet made an appearance...) and they were calling to check on our status... often! In addition to the usual fam, there was also a special someone I hadn't met yet... and for him, I would like to dedicate this Christmas entry...

To my sister's new love, Bumble Bee... the cat (Marcello you have a cousin...) ~

Bumble Bee with his Jingle kitty collar
Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the guest house
Not a creature was stirring, and certainly nay a mouse!
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care <sadly, mine was in storage from moving...>
In hopes that the travelers soon would be there!

The one child was nestled all snug in her bed
While visions of chocolate pound cake danced in her head
With my sis in pajama pants and the bee resting on her lap...
He had just settled in for a long winter's nap

the Bee with his Christmas blanket
Bumble Bee's winter nap didn't last long before the cavalry arrived! Christmas day was filled with the usual suspects: aunts, uncles, grandparent, sister, parents, husband, presents and SO MUCH food! We feasted on more than we could finish in one sitting, and settled in the living room to open our gifts. In addition to exchanging presents, we also have an an annual ornament exchange game in our family each year... so we followed up with opening, stealing, and trading mystery ornaments. Each person draws a number and then we take turns, in order of our numbers, either opening a new ornament gift bag or taking one that has already been opened by someone else. If your ornament gets 'stolen' by someone in this way, you get to open a new bag and so on. Each ornament can only be stolen twice, and surprisingly there was quite a bit of trading hands this year. 

By the end of Christmas Day I felt as though I had already eaten enough for my entire visit. The rich foods and American portions kept me constantly full... more than full... but it was so delicious! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment