Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Week 20_I'm an aunt!

0

Since I had been heavily forewarned that the city might turn into a ghost town over the holidays, I planned in advance to make a getaway out of my Chinese New Year vacation. Typically, the Taiwanese travel to wherever they are from for the New Year holiday, and for the majority of people, this means that they do not stay in the city of Taipei. With most people headed home to the southern half of the island, and the remaining few residents off work for the week - businesses are closed, and the ever crowded capital becomes surprisingly empty.

I've taken advantage of the time off to catch up with my brother, his wife, and their new baby [plus - bonus - my husband is headed up for the visit as well]! I've never really spent any amount of time around a baby, but between my jet lag and her waking up in the middle of the night, we seem to get along ;) Marcello, the cat, has also been particularly pleased to see me... I seemed to be the pillow of choice for both baby & kitty last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment